Do you know what to do when you want to give up? A while back Michael Hyatt shared a great poem on his blog www.MichaelHyatt.com. The poem is a great encouragement if you’re thinking about throwing in the towel.
Here’s a little bit of the poem he shared.
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don’t you quit.
Read the rest of the poem here http://michaelhyatt.com/dont-quit.html
It’s easy to give up when it seems like there’s nothing happening or very little progress has been made for all of your efforts. We all face discouragement at times, especially those of us with big dreams and visions.
Here are some things I’ve done when discouragement tries to set in:
- I focus on why I’ve decided to reach for a particular goal and its importance.
- I think about whether I would regret it if I did not continue to pursue the goal.
- I remember that reaching my goal is a journey. I should enjoy the process as this is how I grow and how I get better at what I am doing.
- I remind myself that all the little steps along the way will get me to the goal if I keep “Pressing Forward”. If I give up every time something gets hard or takes longer than I want, then I will never accomplish anything of importance or value. There is no “one” big step that is going to get the goal accomplished overnight.
- I think about reaching the end goal and the positive impact and value it will bring.
- I surround myself with positive, successful people who can encourage me in the process.
Your “Pressing Forward” Moment: What do you do when you face discouragement? How do you stay focused when the “trudging seems all uphill?”
Perhaps it’s time to make a list of all the good that will come out of achieving your goals. What would life look like if you gave up now? What would life look like if you hung in there?
Do you want to move past what’s holding you back and get to the NEXT LEVEL?
Are you ready to create a clear ACTION plan to accomplish your goals and achieve the RESULTS you want in your life and business?
Meet the Author:
Angela Chatham is passionate about helping individuals enhance their personal development, excel in their career, and grow their business. She helps realtors, direct sales professionals, and entrepreneurs align their mindset, habits, and communication with their goals so they can get to the NEXT LEVEL in their life and business.